Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Now what?

 
I really just want to sit down and cry.
 
Another migraine.  Really? 
 
I am getting really frustrated...I am still suffering from these migraines. 
 
About half the time post-exercise I get a migraine. It doesn't matter if it's running, aerobics, dance, stretching, yoga...still develop a migraine.
 
I stay WELL hydrated and as I have said before I have seen 3 neurologists, 2 gen. practitioners, 2 chiropractors, 2 gynocologists, had scans, MRIs, sleep studies, accupucture, chiropractics, ice therapy, heat therapy, electrode therapy, trigger point therapy, magnesium supplements, 9 different preventative meds, hormone therapy, elimination diets, anti-inflammatory diets and nothing really works.
 
I WANT to exercise for my heart, bones, tendons, ligaments and I NEED to keep my body healthy, but no matter the intensity I get a migraine about 50% of the time. 
 
I just don't know what to do...
 
So...fast forward to this afternoon.  I decided to take action and I have come this far. 
 
I am not giving up.
 
Today I went in to see my awesome pharmacist and he ordered me some progesterone cream to rub on my temples when I start to feel a migraine coming on.  Apparently it works for 63% percent of women who suffer from migraines.  Sounds good to me!  Definitely worth a shot.  Also, my doctor is going to adjust the amount of progesterone I take at the end of my cycle to try to achieve more of a hormone balance rather than a big drop off, which may result in a migraine.
 
I'm also scheduled to take another saliva hormone test this month as well as blood work and a food sensitivity test next week.  Hopefully those results come back with some helpful information.
 
You can refer to the tab labeled "The Great Migraine Battle" at the top of my blog to follow my current monthly migraine count.
 
The Great Migraine Battle rages on...but I don't really feel like I want to sit down and cry anymore.  There's always hope and God is faithful. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry girl :( I hope you find some relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words Jen. I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  2. You are an inspiration! You push yourself to be better. I'm sorry the migraines slow you down. I am in a similar circumstance with pain. I have had many CT's, MRI's, X rays, bone scans, blood work, drugs. Nothing seems to help. It seems like every day there is a new pain to deal with.

    But my husband said to suck it up. So I have. I seek my own diagnosis and say nothing. I'm sure if we both keep persisting we will find some relief!

    Good luck and see you tomorrow if you will be up for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw lady. I'm so sorry. Everything will get better. I have faith and I know you do too.

    Hope you're getting some rest right now <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I'm so sorry these migraines continue. Keep on trying to find a solution, and I'll be praying that God will lay his healing hand on you. You are such a strong woman--a true inspiration. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete